Learn More About us
Who we are
We empower individuals and communities in developing countries to create solutions to their own challenges through access to and knowledge of internet technology.
To fortify families and communities by providing technology, tools and training to advance education and economic empowerment in disadvantaged regions.
U-TOUCH Inc. is an International non-profit and technology-oriented organization fully registered as a 501 (c) 3 organization in the United States of America and with the National Board for Non-Governmental Organizations in Uganda.
U-TOUCH Inc. was founded in 2009 and began operation as a Community Based Organization in North and Eastern Uganda, providing innovative technology tools, skills, and resources for community empowerment, education, and social transformation.
U-TOUCH Inc. is headquartered in San Diego, California, the United States with a Country Program Office in Gulu, Northern Uganda.
U-TOUCH Inc. was founded to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide opportunities to disadvantaged people to access, gain, and use technology to advance their socio-economic goals and improve their lives and that of their families and communities.
- To promote and advocate for gender equality and women’s socio-economic empowerment at family, community, and national levels.
- To improve education, research, and communication through the provision of technology resources and enabling accessibility by underserved populations in Uganda and across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- To engage in policy advocacy and networking for enhanced development with the aim of bettering the lives of disadvantaged people across Sub-Saharan Africa, and
- To provide opportunities for youth, women, and children to learn and embrace technology skills to create innovative solutions to poverty, unemployment, and other socio-economic development challenges at local, national, and international levels.